Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A cool HTA for Microsoft administrators

This is going to be the first time that I put up some code into my blog that I have written. I am not totally sure how this is going to work because it is for an HTA. For you that are uninitiated to HTAs, basically they are a VBScript that uses a web front end for display. You write the front end interface using HTML code. You can then just double click on the HTA file and the program will run. Because of the HTML code I am not totally sure how well the program will come up in the blog.

Well anyway, what this program does is pretty simple. It will just let you know what servers your 5 FSMOs are on (you know like PDC Emulator). This way you do not have to open up multiple cryptic GUI utilities and remember where they list them at. Here is the program listing.



OK, I did it as a graphic. This works ok I guess. We will have to see how it goes from here. Now this will create a HTA window and then put in the appropriate information. It is pretty cool. Hmmmm, now I just need to figure out how to put in a file that you could download for a sample to run. In the meantime you will just have to hand type in everything (well I had to type it all in so .....).

No comments:

Post a Comment